We know that its been tough in travel and some establishments have closed their doors.
In order to keep you in the "know", we have compiled a list of the KZN lodges that we deal with, who couldn't make it to reopen for various reasons:
1. Mantis Mthembu Lodge - dissolved their contract with the developer.
2. Mantis Biyela Lodge - dissolved their contract with the developer.
3. Ubizane Tree Lodge - couldn't recover from the imposed lockdowns during Covid-19
4. Ubizane Safari Lodge - couldn't recover from the imposed lockdown during Covid-19
5. Gwahumbe Game Lodge - fire burnt the entire lodge down
6. Rocktail Bay Lodge - May 2018 Wilderness ended their contract and handed the camp to Gugulesizwe Dive Camp and Gugulesizwe Research Camp. Sadly in Aug 2019, they closed completely.
7. Karkloof Luxury Spa & Villas - closed in July 2019
8. The Hilton Hotel, Durban - closed Jan 2021
9. The Protea Hotel Edward - now part of the Tsogo Sun Group which is currenlty not open to the public.
Our hope for these properties to find new investors and rise again... bigger and stronger!!